The Women's Leadership House (WLH) is open to all majors! Living in the WLH provides a strong and supportive environment for residents.
Residents who live in the Women's Leadership House (WLH) are strongly encouraged to actively participate and engage in the WLH community. We get together once a month for designated "house time" to learn more about leadership, service, and the broader community. Visit our Events & Programs page for more details about the opportunities available to those who live in the WLH.
"I would really like to thank you so much for being so inviting in my last semester at Grand Valley, I cannot express how much I appreciate it. Being a part of the Women's Leadership House was a surprisingly great happenstance!”
“Being surrounded by a group of women who are there to support me, help me, and inspire me has only enriched my time spent at Grand Valley. Living in the Women’s Leadership House has provided me with a group of individuals who teach me something new every day. Women in the house continuously grow as I do in not only their leadership, but in their understanding of the contribution they provide to the world.”
“I really enjoyed my time in the WLH. It gave me the chance to meet a lot of new people who had different opinions and interests than me. Also during my time in the house I was given the opportunity to volunteer for several organizations and it really made me feel like I was making a difference and helping.”
As a Living Learning Center on Grand Valley State University’s campus, the Women’s Leadership House seeks to cultivate a community of women who are investing in the exploration of their authentic self in order to actively work towards gender justice.
Students who live in GVSU’s Women’s Leadership House will be civically engaged and become advocates for change on campus and in the broader community.
Students who reside in the Women’s Leadership House will have the opportunity to:
- Develop leadership skills through cultivation of personal traits, experiences, knowledge, resources, and opportunities
- Engage in service learning related to women’s and gender issues
- Cultivate connections on campus and in the broader community
- Embrace relationship-building within Women’s Leadership House to create an intentional community among residents
- Demonstrate leadership capacity through courageous acts on campus and in the community
Members of the Women’s Leadership House value:
- Civic engagement
- Cultural awareness and inclusion
- Inclusive and non-hierarchical leadership principles
- Skill development
Phone (616) 331-2120 • firstname.lastname@example.org