SouthLounge1 Grand Valley Housing

How to Apply For Living-Learning Communities

Do NOT participate in the on-line housing selection, we will hand place you into your unit.

  • Complete the entire MyHousing Application online
    (if you are currently living on-campus, you are not required to pay another housing deposit)

  • On the MyHousing Application Living Preference Page, select "Academic Communities" then the academic community(s) you are interested in. 

  • Once the MyHousing Application has been processed, you will be sent a confirmation email

  • You will be notified by email if you are accepted to the Living-Learning Community and your placement in housing


Allendale Campus

  • Frederik Meijer Honors College (Niemeyer Learning and Living Center)*
  • Women in Science and Engineering (South C Apartments)
  • International House (Murray Living Center)
  • Women's Leadership House (VanSteeland Living Center)
  • Movement Science House (South Apartments E)
  • Art Housing (Calder Residence)

*Students must be accepted to the Honors College prior to applying to live on campus. 

Medical Accommodations

To request special accommodations, in addition to filling out the housing application, it is required that you register with Disability Support Resources. A Disability Support Resources Advisor will verify your disability and advise housing staff of the appropriate accommodation. Housing staff will facilitate the housing accommodation based on application date and availability.

Office of Housing & Residence Life • 103 Student Services Building • Allendale MI 49401-9403
Phone (616) 331-2120 •