Early/Late Arrival Requests
Students are expected to arrive on their scheduled move-in date. There are no Helping Hands volunteers available to assist you if you arrive before or after your scheduled move in date and time. We strongly encourage you to make every effort to arrive on your assigned move in date.
Note: Please note that Robinson and Holton-Hooker Living Centers are not available for early arrival.
- The cost for an Early Arrival is $35 per day. Unless prior arrangements have been made with a coach, supervisor, advisor, etc. that charge will be billed directly to the student's account. Billing will begin the week of August 21st and post no later than August 26th.
- If your plans change you may update your arrival date or cancel via the student overview - Applications option. The system will retain your request dates and you may go back anytime to view.
- Early Arrival and Late Arrival information must be submitted by Friday, August 12, 5pm. Early Arrival requests made after this date are not guaranteed and subject to a fee. No additional fee for Late Arrival updates.
- Campus Dining Meal Plans become active on Monday, August 22.
- Early Arrival requests are granted per student, not per room. Each roommate must make an individual request for an Early Arrival. There are no guests (including other roommates not approved for Early Arrival) allowed in campus housing buildings prior to the scheduled move-in date.
- Check-in instructions will be sent via your GVSU student email account about one week before move in. Check-in times and location vary by date of arrival.
- Upon arrival you will receive additional instructions regarding required procedures and floor meetings.
- After 5pm, Friday, August 12 - To cancel your early or late arrival request, please email email@example.com with your name, G number and details of your change.
Requesting an Early/Late Arrival
1. Login to your myBanner account
2. Click on the Student tab
3. Click on the MyHousing tab.
4. This takes you to the MyHousing Overview system.
5. The Early/Late option is available under the Applications menu along the top of the page.
6. Complete the form and submit.
7. You will receive a confirmation email with and attached .pdf file. Please open the .pdf file and review the information.
8. Details for move-in will be emailed a week before your arrival.