1. Tuition waiver credit hours received for all GVSU funded graduate assistantships will be as follows:
2. Unused tuition waiver credits may not be rolled over into subsequent semesters without approval of the Dean of The Graduate School.
3. Full-time, 9-month graduate assistantships may be split into two half-time positions with the prior notification of the Dean of The Graduate School. Half-time, 9-month graduate assistantship positions will receive 4.5 credit hours of tuition waiver for both the Fall and Winter semesters (9 credit hours total).
4. Full-time, 10-month and 12-month graduate assistantships may only be split into two half-time positions with the prior approval of the Dean of The Graduate School.
5. All graduate assistantships must have a current position description that is consistent with the Guidelines for Writing Graduate Assistant Job Descriptions. In order to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service definition of the tuition reduction exemption for Graduate Assistants (GA) all job responsibilities for GAs must include a significant instructional or research component. If the GA responsibilities are non-instructional or non-research then the tuition remission and stipend received by the student is subject to Federal, State, and Local withholding tax under I.R.C. § 117(d). Please clearly identify the significant instructional or research component when submitting the GA Job Descriptions..
6. All graduate assistants MUST attend New Graduate Assistant Orientation during the first semester of their appointment.
September 22, 2016
Grand Valley State University's international graduate student enrollment has increased over the last five academic years.
September 13, 2016
The American Society for Engineering Education is administering 180 new The National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowships in April 2017.
September 06, 2016
The Ottawa Area Intermediate School District and the graduate program in School Psychology at GVSU will be working collaboratively during the 2016-17 academic year to develop behavior support plans for Ottawa County students.
September 06, 2016
Godwin Heights Public Schools, Kelloggsville Public Schools, and GVSU will be working cooperatively with the Michigan College Access Network to continue the school-based college advising program at Godwin Heights High School.