1. Tuition waiver credit hours received for all GVSU funded graduate assistantships will be as follows:
2. Unused tuition waiver credits may not be rolled over into subsequent semesters without approval of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
3. Full-time, 9-month graduate assistantships may be split into two half-time positions with the prior notification of the Dean of Graduate Studies. Half-time, 9-month graduate assistantship positions will receive 4.5 credit hours of tuition waiver for both the Fall and Winter semesters (9 credit hours total).
4. Full-time, 10-month and 12-month graduate assistantships may only be split into two half-time positions with the prior approval of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
5. All graduate assistantships must have a current position description that is consistent with the Guidelines for Writing Graduate Assistant Job Descriptions. In order to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service definition of the tuition reduction exemption for Graduate Assistants (GA) all job responsibilities for GAs must include a significant instructional or research component. If the GA responsibilities are non-instructional or non-research then the tuition remission and stipend received by the student is subject to Federal, State, and Local withholding tax under I.R.C. § 117(d). Please clearly identify the significant instructional or research component when submitting the GA Job Descriptions..
6. All graduate assistants MUST attend New Graduate Assistant Orientation during the first semester of their appointment.
August 04, 2014
The Office of Graduate Studies has released its 2013-14 Annual Report.
August 04, 2014
Lindsey Schulte, a graduate student with the Annis Water Resources Institute, who won first place in the student paper presentation competition at the national Aquatic Plant Management Society meeting in Savannah, Georgia.
July 15, 2014
The NOBLE Youth Leadership Conference toured the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus to learn about higher education opportunities.
June 26, 2014
Once again, GVSU's graduate programs outrank other colleges and universities in West Michigan.
June 25, 2014
College Student Affairs Leadership, an online journal for student affairs and higher education practitioners, successfully launches in Spring/Summer 2014.