1. Tuition waiver credit hours received for all GVSU funded graduate assistantships will be as follows:
2. Unused tuition waiver credits may not be rolled over into subsequent semesters without approval of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
3. Full-time, 9-month graduate assistantships may be split into two half-time positions with the prior notification of the Dean of Graduate Studies. Half-time, 9-month graduate assistantship positions will receive 4.5 credit hours of tuition waiver for both the Fall and Winter semesters (9 credit hours total).
4. Full-time, 10-month and 12-month graduate assistantships may only be split into two half-time positions with the prior approval of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
5. All graduate assistantships must have a current position description that is consistent with the Guidelines for Writing Graduate Assistant Job Descriptions. In order to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service definition of the tuition reduction exemption for Graduate Assistants (GA) all job responsibilities for GAs must include a significant instructional or research component. If the GA responsibilities are non-instructional or non-research then the tuition remission and stipend received by the student is subject to Federal, State, and Local withholding tax under I.R.C. § 117(d). Please clearly identify the significant instructional or research component when submitting the GA Job Descriptions..
6. All graduate assistants MUST attend New Graduate Assistant Orientation during the first semester of their appointment.
November 18, 2015
GVSU's first Darwin Day will feature events celebrating intellectual curiosity, intellectual bravery, activism, education, and well-being. Students and faculty are encouraged to submit art and abstracts for the February event.
November 13, 2015
Graduate Assistant Star Zetocha provides quality college advising to local high school students in partnership with GVSU, Godwin Heights Public Schools, and Michigan College Access Network.
November 11, 2015
The Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineers and Technology, Inc. (ABET) has granted reaccreditation to programs within the School of Computing and Information Systems at Grand Valley.
November 02, 2015
GVSU has nominated two outstanding graduate theses for the MAGS (Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools) annual thesis competition.
October 28, 2015
The Office of Graduate Studies will be hosting presentation sessions for each candidate for Associate Dean of Graduate Studies.