1. Tuition waiver credit hours received for all GVSU funded graduate assistantships will be as follows:
2. Unused tuition waiver credits may not be rolled over into subsequent semesters without approval of the Dean of The Graduate School.
3. Full-time, 9-month graduate assistantships may be split into two half-time positions with the prior notification of the Dean of The Graduate School. Half-time, 9-month graduate assistantship positions will receive 4.5 credit hours of tuition waiver for both the Fall and Winter semesters (9 credit hours total).
4. Full-time, 10-month and 12-month graduate assistantships may only be split into two half-time positions with the prior approval of the Dean of The Graduate School.
5. All graduate assistantships must have a current position description that is consistent with the Guidelines for Writing Graduate Assistant Job Descriptions. In order to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service definition of the tuition reduction exemption for Graduate Assistants (GA) all job responsibilities for GAs must include a significant instructional or research component. If the GA responsibilities are non-instructional or non-research then the tuition remission and stipend received by the student is subject to Federal, State, and Local withholding tax under I.R.C. § 117(d). Please clearly identify the significant instructional or research component when submitting the GA Job Descriptions..
6. All graduate assistants MUST attend New Graduate Assistant Orientation during the first semester of their appointment.
February 01, 2016
Amanda Cox, graphics editor at The New York Times will be speaking to students on Monday, March 21, 2016 on the Allendale Campus. Amanda will be presenting on behalf of Big Data at GVSU.
January 25, 2016
Kathryn Christoper and Brianna Taylor have continued a project that they started as undergraduates and have now won the Entrepreneur-You Plan Pitch Competition.
January 22, 2016
Students from both the Physical Therapy and Engineering graduate programs are working together to find innovative ways to improve the lives of children right here in West Michigan.
January 21, 2016
Engineering graduate students will move on to the Hult Prize regional quarter final after winning the GV competition.
January 19, 2016
U.S. News & World Report ranks the Educational Technology graduate program at GVSU among the best online programs in the country.