1. Tuition waiver credit hours received for all GVSU funded graduate assistantships will be as follows:
2. Unused tuition waiver credits may not be rolled over into subsequent semesters without approval of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
3. Full-time, 9-month graduate assistantships may be split into two half-time positions with the prior notification of the Dean of Graduate Studies. Half-time, 9-month graduate assistantship positions will receive 4.5 credit hours of tuition waiver for both the Fall and Winter semesters (9 credit hours total).
4. Full-time, 10-month and 12-month graduate assistantships may only be split into two half-time positions with the prior approval of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
5. All graduate assistantships must have a current position description that is consistent with the Guidelines for Writing Graduate Assistant Job Descriptions. In order to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service definition of the tuition reduction exemption for Graduate Assistants (GA) all job responsibilities for GAs must include a significant instructional or research component. If the GA responsibilities are non-instructional or non-research then the tuition remission and stipend received by the student is subject to Federal, State, and Local withholding tax under I.R.C. § 117(d). Please clearly identify the significant instructional or research component when submitting the GA Job Descriptions..
6. All graduate assistants MUST attend New Graduate Assistant Orientation during the first semester of their appointment.
July 30, 2015
The Office of Graduate Studies 2014-15 Annual Report is now available. Click the full article to view the complete report.
July 21, 2015
Biomedical Sciences graduate student Katherine Hekstra and Deborah Lown, associate professor of biomedical sciences, collected data that helped two Grand Rapids food pantries establish policies and ensure fresh produce and healthy foods are available to t
July 09, 2015
The GVSU Speech Lab services both undergraduate and graduate students. A video was just released to promote the services offered at the Speech Lab.
July 07, 2015
Qualtrics Innovation Exchange offers Behavioral Research Grants for student research.
June 24, 2015
U.S. News and World Report released the Best Graduate School rankings for 2016 and GVSU's graduate programs in Business and Nursing ranked higher than all other graduate programs in West Michigan.