1. Tuition waiver credit hours received for all GVSU funded graduate assistantships will be as follows:
2. Unused tuition waiver credits may not be rolled over into subsequent semesters without approval of the Dean of The Graduate School.
3. Full-time, 9-month graduate assistantships may be split into two half-time positions with the prior notification of the Dean of The Graduate School. Half-time, 9-month graduate assistantship positions will receive 4.5 credit hours of tuition waiver for both the Fall and Winter semesters (9 credit hours total).
4. Full-time, 10-month and 12-month graduate assistantships may only be split into two half-time positions with the prior approval of the Dean of The Graduate School.
5. All graduate assistantships must have a current position description that is consistent with the Guidelines for Writing Graduate Assistant Job Descriptions. In order to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service definition of the tuition reduction exemption for Graduate Assistants (GA) all job responsibilities for GAs must include a significant instructional or research component. If the GA responsibilities are non-instructional or non-research then the tuition remission and stipend received by the student is subject to Federal, State, and Local withholding tax under I.R.C. § 117(d). Please clearly identify the significant instructional or research component when submitting the GA Job Descriptions..
6. All graduate assistants MUST attend New Graduate Assistant Orientation during the first semester of their appointment.
November 17, 2016
College Choice as selected Grand Valley as one of the best business schools in Michigan.
November 10, 2016
Biology student Delilah Clement and Biology professor Al Steinman's paper has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Great Lakes Research.
November 03, 2016
The 2017 MAGS Thesis Nominees have recently been selected.
November 01, 2016
GSA calls on graduate students to nominate faculty and staff for two awards: The Faculty and Staff Award for Mentorship and the Kimboko Inclusion Award
October 06, 2016
All GVSU graduate students are now required to complete Responsible Conduct of Research Training (RCR) prior to engaging in any research activities.