1. Tuition waiver credit hours received for all GVSU funded graduate assistantships will be as follows:
2. Unused tuition waiver credits may not be rolled over into subsequent semesters without approval of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
3. Full-time, 9-month graduate assistantships may be split into two half-time positions with the prior notification of the Dean of Graduate Studies. Half-time, 9-month graduate assistantship positions will receive 4.5 credit hours of tuition waiver for both the Fall and Winter semesters (9 credit hours total).
4. Full-time, 10-month and 12-month graduate assistantships may only be split into two half-time positions with the prior approval of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
5. All graduate assistantships must have a current position description that is consistent with the Guidelines for Writing Graduate Assistant Job Descriptions. In order to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service definition of the tuition reduction exemption for Graduate Assistants (GA) all job responsibilities for GAs must include a significant instructional or research component. If the GA responsibilities are non-instructional or non-research then the tuition remission and stipend received by the student is subject to Federal, State, and Local withholding tax under I.R.C. § 117(d). Please clearly identify the significant instructional or research component when submitting the GA Job Descriptions..
6. All graduate assistants MUST attend New Graduate Assistant Orientation during the first semester of their appointment.
January 20, 2015
GVSU's online Educational Technology, M.Ed. program was ranked in the Top 100 Online Graduate Programs according to Worlds News and Report.
January 06, 2015
GVSU's Biostatistics graduate program was ranked in the Top 10 nationally according to Education Portal.
January 06, 2015
The Midwest Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research Center (formerly WMIPEI) is pleased to announce the launch of the Interprofessional Education Student Certificate for students earning a degree in a health or health-related discipline.
November 24, 2014
GVSU has nominated two outstanding graduate theses for the MAGS (Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools) annual thesis competition.
November 14, 2014
Deirdre Toeller-Novak, graduate student in the Master of Arts in English program, presented a paper at the 20th Annual ALA Jewish American & Holocaust Literature Symposium