Master of Science in Taxation Overview
The Seidman Master of Science in taxation (M.S.T.) was created in response to needs expressed by accountants, attorneys, industrial personnel, government auditors, and other skilled tax professionals in Grand Rapids and West Michigan for an intensive, professional, practice-oriented study of research procedures, legal analysis, and substantive tax law. Tax practitioners who wish to enhance their skills in those areas choose the M.S.T. program from Grand Valley State University's Seidman College of Business.
About the Seidman M.S.T.
In a business environment continually affected by increasingly complex tax laws, a Seidman M.S.T. offers unique strategic advantages that make a real difference in students' careers.
- Expertise. M.S.T. faculty members are experts who combine strong academic backgrounds with practical experience, providing students with the real essence of tax practice.
- Experience. The program is designed to provide students with the equivalent of three to five years of tax experience in a sophisticated tax environment.
- Relevance. The program is evaluated regularly to assure that it keeps up with the dynamic changes in the tax profession.
- Personal. Relatively small classes ensure a high level of interaction among students and faculty in a stimulating classroom environment.
- Flexibility. The program can be completed as a full-time student in as few as 18 months or within 2½ years part-time. Classes are offered in the evening for the convenience of working professionals.
- Accessibility. The Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus brings students to the heart of the business center of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Accreditation. Seidman is one of fewer than 200 institutions worldwide to earn both business and accounting accreditation by AACSB International.
The Seidman M.S.T. program is 33 credits and is designed to intensify and integrate the breadth and depth of taxation knowledge. The focus is applied, specific, and practical.
- The Seidman M.B.A. offers emphases in Finance, Innovation and Technology Management, and Health Sector Management.
- Accounting, M.S.A.
Page last modified June 10, 2015