Course Information for Medical and Bioinformatics M.S.
Browse or search the catalog of Medical and Bioinformatics course offerings here.
The Medical and Bioinformatics Professional Science Master's (PSM) degree program has a course design common to all three GVSU PSM programs:
- specific courses for critical content in Medical and Bioinformatics
- laboratory experiences essential for the development of requisite skill and knowledge sets
- a common seminar series
- a capstone course and internships to provide essential hands-on learning in the field
The Biomedical Informatics Certificate consists of a three course sequence of courses in the Masters program.
Recommended Course Schedules for the Masters Program
To see the catalog of the courses and their timeline you can click here.
Common characteristics of all three PSM programs are:
- involve both the university and its industry partners
- emphasize teamwork, problem-solving, communication
- scientific knowledge and technical skills
- designed to integrate university coursework with hospital, business, and industrial internships to better prepare students for the variety of career paths associated with the life science and health science industry
Online hybrid courses
The following courses are offered as hybrid classes (also part of the Biomedical Informatics certificate).
Medical and Bioinformatics Computational Resources
State of the art computational resources and professional software accessible online.