School of Engineering
GVSU FIRST Robotics Scholarship
FIRST Robotics Engineering Scholarship
The School of Engineering at Grand Valley State University has established a merit based engineering scholarship to recognize the achievements of FIRST Robotics Competition participants. This renewable scholarship will provide a $20,000 award, $4000 per year, renewable for four additional years, for study in the School of Engineering at Grand Valley.
GVSU is a comprehensive public university of approximately 25,000 students serving West Michigan. With three campuses in Allendale, Grand Rapids and Holland, Michigan, GVSU is located in an area with a strong manufacturing flavor. All students in the School of Engineering participate in an integrated cooperative education program. GVSU offers an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering with mechanical, electrical, product design & manufacturing, computer and interdisciplinary majors.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Apply for admission to GVSU prior to December 31
- Have participated in the FIRST Robotics Competition
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or better in high school
- Have an ACT composite of at least 26
- Have at least (6) units of high school math and science
The Engineering Scholarship Committee will select a recipient from those students who meet the above qualifications and who have been admitted to the University. Awards will be announced by the end of March. The scholarship is renewable on an annual basis, for a total of eight semesters, providing the recipient maintains the following level of scholarship:
- Is enrolled in engineering and carries a minimum of 15 credits each semester,
- Maintains a minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA, and
- Successfully completes the engineering requirements for each academic year.
The Engineering Scholarship Committee monitors each recipient’s progress and notifies the Financial Aid Office of award renewal.
Page last modified January 9, 2014