School of Engineering
Foundations of EMC Certificate Courses underwritten by
Click below to register for:
EMC I - Math and Circuits Foundations of EMC
EMC Pre-compliance Testing
The EMC Center at GVSU offers the following services to local industry:
The EMC Center is located at 609 Watson Street in Grand Rapids,
just a few blocks west of GVSU's engineering building. This
4000-square-foot facility includes a seminar room and the EMC
Two screen rooms, one for conducted emissions, and another
for conducted immunity testing
- GTEM cell for radiated immunity and emissions testing
- PCB emissions scanner
- Transient measurement equipment
- Several EMC antennas
- Numerous measurement and debugging tools.
- 12'x16'x10'6" semianechoic chamber for radiated emissions,
- 10'x9'x8'6" reverberation chamber for radiated immunity.
In addition to the pre-compliance testing the EMC Center also offers:
- Design reviews for schematic and PCB layout.
- Diagnostic support.
- EMC test plan development.
EMC Courses at GVSU:
- EGR 343 - Applied Electromagnetics
- EGR 443 - Electromagnetic Compatibility
- EGR 643 - PCB Design and EMC
- EGR 680 - EMC Special Topics
EMC Courses for Local Industry
- Mathematics and Circuit Foundations of EMC
- Electromagnetics Foundations of EMC
- EM Waves, Transmission Lines, and Antennas Foundations of EMC
- Various EMC Topics
These courses can be taught at the EMC Center or at your company site.
About Dr. Adamczyk
Prof. Adamczyk is the director of the GVSU EMC Center
which supports EMC precompliance testing and EMC education.
He has been teaching electromagnetics and electromagnetic
compatibility for over fifteen years. Prior to joining GVSU,
Prof. Adamczyk worked for seven years in the automotive industry.
Prof. Adamczyk has taught EMC Certificate Courses for local
companies and has presented several EMC seminars. Most
recently, he taught electromagnetics at DHBW University in
Prof. Adamczyk is an iNARTE-certified EMC Master Design engineer,
a founding member and the chair of the IEEE EMC Chapter of West Michigan.
He holds a BSEE and MSEE from the University of Nevada, Reno,
and a Ph.D. in Systems Engineering from Oakland University in Michigan.
For more information contact:
- Bogdan Adamczyk, Ph.D., N.C.E.
- EMC Center Director
- Electrical Engineering Chair
- Professor of Engineering
- (616) 331-7286
GTEM cell for radiated immunity and radiated emissions
Screen room for conducted immunity
Screen room for conducted emissions
EMC Test Vehicle
Semianechoic chamber for radiated emissions (coming soon)
Reverberation chamber for radiated immunity (coming soon)
Page last modified November 24, 2014