Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
List of Brooks College Scholarships
* Grand Forum supporting Non Traditional Students: Grand Forum awards scholarships ($1250.) to students who are returning to college to complete their degree. The funding comes from the interest earned through the Grand Forum Scholarship fund. The qualifications for earning the scholarship should be listed in the financial aid office information.
Honors Scholarships: http://gvsu.edu/honor/scholarships-50.htm
* We are also encouraging staff and faculty to contribute to the Honors Cultural Enrichment fund and the Honors Service Learning fund.
Padnos International Center
* Mark & Elizabeth Murray Study Abroad scholarship: for students "who otherwise could not afford to study abroad."
* Empowering Haiti through Education fund--to eventually (when there's enough money) bring a Haitian student--from one of the secondary schools that are not dedicated to the richest layer of Haitian society--to GVSU for an education. Then, that students would return to Haiti for at least three years to apply that GVSU education to helping other Haitians.
* Nichols Sustainability Scholarship: Established by Nichols Corporation in 2006 to encourage students to get involved with ongoing campus and community sustainability efforts and reward students who commit to making a difference when it comes to environmental, social, and fiscal responsibility.
Women & Gender Studies:
* The Jean Enright Scholarship provides financial assistance to students who are Women and Gender Studies majors or minors. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress and must demonstrate significant participation in community and/or campus service that is centered on women and/or girls.
Page last modified February 28, 2013