How to Prepare for Advanced Registration
1. View the Registration Calendar. The registration schedule is based on your earned credits plus your in progress credits for this semester. Undergraduate Advanced Registration for the next academic year (including Spring/Summer 2017, Fall 2017 and Winter 2018) begins on March 21, 2017.
2. Review your myPath degree audit. You can find step-by-step instructions for how to generate your myPath report here.
3. Create a list of your necessary requirements. Review the catalog for pre-requisites to make sure you are taking courses in the correct order or compare them to your academic plan you have created with an academic advisor. You can read more about the pre-requisite policy here: and here is a link to the online catalog
4. Preview the schedule in myBanner. On or around March 1st, 2017, you will be able to view available sections to help you create your planned schedule for the upcoming year. Be sure to have alternate sections selected in case your first option is closed before your day to register. Write down the CRN numbers for the sections you would like to add so you can quickly add your sections on the “Add/Drop” screen in a single click by entering all of the CRN numbers in the blank boxes at the bottom.
5. Ready to make an appointment? The CCPS Advising Center staff encourage you to set up an appointment as soon as possible if you would like to review your remaining requirements or set up an academic plan with an academic advisor as we will have longer wait times in March. Please use our online scheduling tool to find an available time that works for you. You may also call (616) 331-6890 or stop into our main office located in 321C DeVos Center on the Pew Campus. We do not schedule appointments via email.