GVSU’s Veterans Network is committed to the continued success of our students. Our Veterans Network provides support for veterans, active service members and dependents in transitioning, successfully progressing to degree completion, and on to rewarding post-military careers.
Veterans Network Goals:
- Assist with the transition from military to student roles, including participation in the Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) program.
- Provide assistance for the GI Bill and other VA benefits.
- Provide support through programs, activities, and initiatives that connect veterans with one another.
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for veterans, including a Student Veterans' Lounge in Kirkhof Center.
- Assist with preparation for post-military employment or graduate studies.
- Provide pathways to inform and share information regarding on- and off-campus opportunities for veterans.
- Create opportunities for peer interaction.
- Provide and share useful information on Veterans Network website and Facebook page.
- Our Criminal Justice department offers an accelerated Military Police Basic Training Program (MPBTP) for eligible Military Police with a minimum of 2080 hours in a specified law enforcement occupational specialty.
- The Center for Adult and Continuing Studies offers accelerated bachelor's degree in Leadership.
VETERAN SERVICES OFFICER ON CAMPUS
Veteran Services Officer at Grand Valley - UPDATE.
Please be advised that we are working with the statewide service organizations to host a VSO for Grand Valley students starting in February 2019.
In the meantime, you are welcome to contact Kent County Veteran Services for assistance with VA claims, insurance, veterans benefits, and for Kent County residents filing assistance for the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Fund or Michigan Veterans Trust Fund.
Veterans Service Officer
Kent County Veterans Services
KCVS Office: 616-632-5257
Samantha's Story - Courtesy of the Consortium of Michigan Veteran Educators (CMVE)
Join GVSU's Student Veteran Facebook pages:
Grand Valley Veterans Network Group at
Student Veterans of America at GVSU Page at