Events » Basics of USMCA
This will be a full-day training held in person on GVSU’s Downtown Campus. Complimentary parking & lunch will be provided.
Canada and Mexico continue to be top trading partners for Michigan businesses, accounting for more than 70% of Michigan’s global trade. The United States, Mexico, Canada Agreement (USMCA) entered into force as of July 1, 2020, replacing NAFTA.
It is critical for businesses to understand the changes that come with the new USMCA. Many of the rules for how goods qualify for preferential duty treatment have changed. New sector-specific rules, such as in Automotive, have been written to enact more stringent origin parameters. Certifications of origin take on a new look and recordkeeping must be refreshed to remain compliant.
Join us to learn about USMCA’s many updated provisions and clauses. Attendees will gain a clear understanding of the rules, regulations, and best practices to put into place for the future.
- How to certify products and create a new free-form certification of origin
- Understanding Origin Criterion
- USMCA Product-Specific Rules of Origin
- USMCA – new industry & sector special rules
- Tariff Shift & Regional Value Content
- Supplier Solicitation Process
- Recordkeeping & Compliance
Thursday, October 13, 2022
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
L. William Seidman Center
50 Front Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504