Photography Services responds to requests for archive photography, media requests, photography coverage for events, and general photography for use on department websites or in department newsletters and magazines.
The following assignments are photographed free of charge to support the goals of University Communications and the University:
- Photographs for use in UComm print and web publications.
- Photographs to accompany news releases.
- Portraits that are required for news related stories.
The following requests are considered billable requests:
- Photographic coverage for departmental print and web materials.
- Portraits for individuals or department needs.
- Departmental archive requests that are over 5 images.
- Social events; for example receptions, dinners, retirement & going away parties, awards banquets and conferences.
- Photographic print and enlargements.
Photo requests should be made at least 2 weeks before an event by submitting the appropriate request form using our online photography request page.
File Photo Requests:
File photo requests are processed on Tuesday and Thursday of each week. Requests consisting of 5 images or less will be processed within one business week from the time they are received. Requests that consist of more than 5 images will be assessed and a reasonable timeframe will be communicated to the requesting party.
All photographs taken or arranged by University Communications are put into the GVSU photo archive and are available, by request, to the whole campus community.
If you are publishing photographs in print or on the web, it is important to have the recognizable subjects in the photo sign a release form.
Photography services ordered strictly for departmental use will be subject to the following rate schedule:
Staff Photography Cost Per Hour:
- UComm staff hourly rate: $65
- Headshots: $15 per person
- Photoshop: $15 per hour
- DVD with images: $15
- Contact sheet: $2 per page
- Archival retrieval: $15 per hour
Freelance Charges Per Hour: $75-100, plus expenses