Options & Resources
Learn about Supportive Measures
Supportive measures are individualized supports or modifications for those impacted by sexual misconduct/harassment, and are designed to restore or preserve equal access to programs, activities, studies, and work at GVSU; protect the safety of all parties and GVSU's educational environment; and/or deter sexual misconduct/harassment. Sexual misconduct can impact people in many different ways, and we're here to help reduce the impact it may have at GVSU.
You can access supportive measures even if you choose not to file a formal complaint.
Supportive measures include:
- Altering campus housing assignment(s)
- Altering work arrangements for employees or student-employees
- Providing campus safety escorts
- Providing transportation accommodations
- Academic adjustments, extensions of deadlines, or other course/program-related adjustments
- Class schedule modifications, withdrawals, or leaves of absence
- Increased security and monitoring of certain areas of the campus
While these are just a few examples of supportive measures, we work with students, faculty, and staff to ensure that supportive measures are individually tailored to meet each individual’s unique needs. Our office maintains the privacy of the supportive measures.
To discuss or request supportive measures contact a member of our team.
Office for Title IX and Institutional Equity
4015 James H. Zumberge Hall
Share this spotlight
Return to the listing of options & resources.