Request a Tutor
- Weekly, scheduled tutoring requests will be available starting on the first day of classes of a semester.
- Weekly tutoring is provided (at no cost) to all Grand Valley State University students in many 100- and 200-level courses. If we do not have a tutor for your specific subject, we will attempt to recruit a tutor. When selecting the subject, for classes with a lab, please be sure to select the lecture section. If you need assistance with a 300- or 400-level course please first go to your professor and or department. If you need additional help, we will attempt to locate a tutor for the 300- 400-level course.
- If a tutor is not available for the days and times you requested, you will be contacted. If we have attempted to contact you twice and have not received a response from you, the request will be canceled.
- All writing requests will be handled by the Writing Center. More information here: gvsu.edu/wc
- Tutoring is limited to one 50 minute session per subject per week.
- Tutorials are conducted in weekly, small group settings.
- Tutoring sessions will not be conducted on days and holidays when classes are not in session, during finals week and when GVSU is closed.