Digital Studies (Minor)
Digital Studies is the exploration and analysis of how data and contemporary technologies are used, as well as how these technologies are creatively applied. The program in Digital Studies enables students to evaluate social and political consequences of the flow of data in our lives, gain insight through information literacy, learn how computational and visualization tools are used, and apply these concepts in technologically rich environments.
An international experience will provide you not only with essential skills to work effectively in industry, education, or the public sector but will touch and change all the facets of your life by the experience of living in another culture, will strengthen your character, and will broaden your mind.
- Department input requested
- Consider fulfilling your Issues General Education requirement abroad. Find out how!
- Courses will be reviewed on a case by case basis through the course equivalency process.
Keep in Mind
- Once you have selected a program, be sure to meet with your adviser at least three months prior to departing for your program.
- Be sure to explore both GVSU and non-GVSU options by browsing the Program Suggestions below. Students are not limited to GVSU study abroad programs.
- There are several opportunities to intern and or volunteer while abroad.
- Students are also able to fulfill general education requirements abroad, including their General Education Issues requirement.
You are not limited to the program options listed below.
Explore other non-GVSU options by using the search engines listed below.
Program, Host Institution, or University Name
To determine the GVSU course equivalencies for courses taken abroad, please view the “How to Request Course Equivalencies” page. For more information contact Department Contact below.