LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Social distancing can leave many of us feeling isolated, regardless of if we need to stay in place, quarantine, or isolate. Here are a few general tips and specific ideas to stay well!
- Practice Selt-Care
Whether it's watching a movie with friends, going for a walk on a nice day, or discovering a new music genre, take the time to do something that makes you happy!
- Stay Positive
Social distancing is our current reality, but it isn't our forever. We got this, Lakers!
- Give Virtual Activities a Chance
Attending an in-person event may be preferred, but virtual activities and events provide a unique experience to connect with other students!
Get more RecWell virtual resources on our #GVLakerStrong page.
Things to Do at Home (or in your apartment)
Tips for Getting By
- If you like background noise, turn on your favorite tunes or music.
- Put on screen-savers of your happy places.
- Call an old friend or family member and catch up.
- Check out virtual fitness videos. Create challenges with friends.
- Disconnect from screens at the end of the day. Schedule a time when you put all electronics down so you can focus on doing other things you enjoy (reading, puzzles, writing, sleeping, meditating).
- Start a blog or journal.
- Listen to a new album or artist. Try a genre you haven't listen to before.
- Start a virtual book club.
- Learn a language or a new skill.
- Start a new, non-virtual hobby like knitting, crocheting, drawing, etc.
Stay tuned as we update this list with tips and tricks from fellow students!