Social distancing can leave many of us feeling isolated, regardless of if we need to stay in place, quarantine, or isolate. Here's a few general tips and specific ideas to stay well!
- PRACTICE SELF-CARE
Whether it's watching a movie with friends, going for a walk on a nice day, or discovering a new music genre, take the time to do something that makes you happy!
- STAY POSITIVE
Social distancing is our current reality, but it isn't our forever. We got this, Lakers!
- GIVE VIRTUAL ACTIVITIES A CHANCE
Attending an in-person event may be preferred, but virtual activities and events provide a unique experience to connect with other students!
Get more RecWell virtual resources on our #GVLakerStrong page.
Things to Do at Home (or in your apartment)
Tips for Getting By
- If you like background noise, turn on your favorite tunes or music.
- Put on screen-savers of your happy places.
- Call an old friend or family member and catch up.
- Check out virtual fitness videos. Create challenges with friends.
- Disconnect from screens at the end of the day. Schedule a time where you put all electronics down so you can focus on doing other things you enjoy (reading, puzzles, writing, sleeping, meditating).
- Start a blog or journal.
- Listen to a new album or artist. Try a genre you haven't listen to before.
- Start a virtual book club.
- Learn a language or a new skill.
- Start a new, non-virtual hobby like knitting, crocheting, drawing, etc.
Stay tuned as we update this list with tips and tricks from fellow students!