Prospective Division of Student Services Employees
The Division of Student Services consists of almost 150 full-time and part-time colleagues committed to student success… and yours! We work together, learn together, and have fun together. This page offers brief information about the advantages of joining our team.
Grand Valley State University offers generous benefits to Executive, Administrative, and Professional (EAP) staff, including:
- Free campus parking
- Free Recreation Center membership ($20/year for partner/spouse)
- Free ridership on The Rapid (Grand Rapids area bus system)
- Free tuition (100% employee waiver; 50% household member waiver)
- 20 days of vacation/year (+ 10 holidays)
- 12% of salary contributed to retirement
- $3,000 child adoption reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Wellness coaching and programs
- Dozens of business discounts
GVSU named a "Best Place to Work" by Forbes
Grand Valley is ranked No. 2 in Michigan by Forbes in its list of America's Best Employers.
In addition, we offer numerous opportunities for university sponsored professional development including, for example:
Grand Rapids is Michigan’s second largest city and West Michigan is diverse, vibrant, and fun! We host the professional minor league teams for the Detroit Tigers, Red Wings, and Pistons; receive top touring music acts and host the state’s only professional ballet company; and are less than 30 minutes to the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan.