Disability Support Resources - Campus Links
Assessment of Student Outcomes
Outcome A Foundations and Skills for Lifelong Learning (undergraduate)Lifelong learning is “all purposeful learning activity, undertaken on an ongoing basis with the aim of improving knowledge, skills and competence." An endeavor of higher education is to prepare students to be this type of learner by developing specific dispositions and skills while in school.
• Learn how to find, evaluate, and use resources to explore a topic in depth.
• Explore a topic in depth, yielding a rich awareness and/or little-known information indicating intense interest in the subject.
• Complete required work, generates and pursues opportunities to expand knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Look beyond requirements, and show interest in pursuing knowledge independently.
• Make references to previous learning and attempts to apply that knowledge and those skills to demonstrate comprehension and performance in novel situations.
• Review prior learning with some depth, revealing slightly clarified meanings or indicating a somewhat broader perspectives about educational or life events