September 19, 2017
If your student organization needs additional funding, Student Senate has you covered. Their simple process for funding requests is open to all registered student organizations—just another reason to renew your organization’s account on OrgSync! It’s a great way to expand the capabilities of your organization. Here’s how it works:
- Planning: Put together what your organization would like to do, whether that’s an event, program, purchase, or travel opportunity. Calculate the specific costs for what you’re planning.
- Funding Needs: Looking at the resources your organization has available, plan what your organization and/or its members can contribute and if there’s a need to request additional help.
- Making a Request: If you realize your organization needs help, go to your organization’s OrgSync page, click on the Treasury tab, and select Manage Budgets to create your detailed request to Student Senate.
- Funding Board: Once you’ve submitted your funding request through Orgsync, wait for a reply from Student Senate and then attend your assigned funding board meeting to present your funding request. If your request is approved, you’re all set!
If you need more information:
- Check out the Student Organization Support (SOS) page on OrgSync for guidelines and tips.
- Stop in the Office of Student Life for drop-in advising between 1-4 p.m. on weekdays.
- Email us at email@example.com, and we will be glad to help!