When an organization has agreed to pay all or a portion of a student's tuition, books and/or fees and have the University bill them directly that is considered Third Party Billing.  Any student who is sponsored by a third party must submit a letter of authorization or tuition assistance voucher on the company or organization's letterhead. The amount authorized will be placed as a credit to the Student Account. Any portion not covered by a Third Party is the student's responsibility to pay by the semester due dates. The terms of the agreement are not based on grade received at the end of the semester. The authorization and/or voucher must include:

  • Student's name;
  • Identifying information (G number, last four digits of social security number, or birthday)
  • Semester covered;
  • Specific classes covered (or the amount or maximum dollar amount they will pay);
  • Address and phone number of the third party payer for billing purposes.

Please find below the list of current participants in the Third Party program:

  • MET (Michigan Education Trust)     To contact MET call 1-800-638-4543 or on-line at http://www.michigan.gov/setwithmet.  Click here to decline using MET for any semester.
  • Department of Veteran's Affairs (Vocational Rehab Chapter 31 pays 100% tuition for eligible students)
  • Children of Veterans Tuition Grant
  • TIP (Tuition Incentive Program) 
  • US Armed Services: Navy, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard
  • UTC - United Technologies Corporation
  • Michigan Rehab Services
  • Michigan Bureau of Services for Blind Persons
  • MI Works - ACSET, WIA, TAA
  • UAW
  • Eaton Education Assistance
  • Alcoa
  • Verizon
  • Dual Enrolled (Local area High Schools)
  • Edcor - UPS
  • College Illinois
  • Pennock Health
  • Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
  • Kalamazoo Promise


Grand Valley State University
Student Accounts Office, ATTN: Paul
1049 James H. Zumberge Hall (1049 JHZ)
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401-9403


Phone (616) 331-2278

Fax (616) 331-3975

Email dillonp@gvsu.edu