What is an E-bill?
Students will be notified by email when new charges have been added to their account or when a monthly payment becomes due.

How to Access Your E-bill /Itemized Statement?

Student Login: Enter Network ID and password here myBanner

Proxy Login:  Enter email and password here Guardian/Family (Proxy) Access Login

After logging in, click on Student, select Student Account, select Student Account Information, select View Statement.

Why didn't I receive an email letting me know that my e-Bill is ready?
E-Bill email notices are sent approximately 3 weeks before a payment is due. It is the responsibility of every student to keep the University informed of changes in e-mail addresses. A by-product of mass e-mail is the filtering of these messages by automatic spam detection and filtering settings supported by e-mail clients. While we have taken all possible precautions to ensure that our e-bill notifications and payment notifications are not picked up as spam, you may need to review your e-mail software's spam or "junk" mail filter settings just in case. Regardless of whether or not your e-Bill notice is successfully received, you are still responsible for timely payment of your tuition bill. Undeliverable messages returned because of either a full in-box or use of a spam filter will still be considered delivered.

How do I set up E-bill notification for Third Parties?
Click on myBanner enter your Network ID and Password, select Personal Information, then select View or Update E-mail Addresses. From there you will be able to enter up to two Third Party email addresses (P1 and P2). Billing emails are sent to the PR, P1 and P2 email addresses.


Where can I get an itemized statement?

Itemized Statements are available on-line.

  • Click on myBanner
  • Enter your Network ID and Password
  • Select Student
  • Select Student Account
  • Select Student Account Information
  • Select View Statement
  • Select any of the "Statement " buttons for the appropriate term

Where can I get an itemized statement for a semester prior to Fall 2007?

You can email student accounts at studenta@gvsu.edu with a request for a specific semester or semesters.


Why am I being charged 1% fee on my total credit card transaction?
A company named CORE Business Technologies handles our student accounts credit/debit card transactions. Effective October 1, 2021, Grand Valley State University will be converting the current $20 flat fee for credit card transactions to a 1% fee on the total credit card transaction.  This fee structure reflects a fair distribution of the cost sharing of credit card transactions fees with the University for card holders that take advantage of this convenient payment method.  Most higher education institutions pass the entire cost of this credit card fee to the customer but GVSU currently does not.

Why do I have a late fee on my account?

Any charges unpaid by the statement due date will result in a hold on your account and transcript requests and prevent registration activity. Late fees in the amount of 1% will be assessed each month on the past due balance. Delinquent accounts will be sent to a collection agency and will be placed on your credit report. You will be responsible to pay all late fees, costs of any collections agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 35% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees we incur in such collection efforts. All payments that are returned by the bank are subject to a $20 returned check fee. Returned payments made towards tuition or a past semester charge could result in class cancellation if not paid in a timely manner. If a check is returned for insufficient funds we may present it to the bank electronically.

Why do I have a financial hold preventing registration and transcripts?

If you have a past due balance on your student account, you may have a financial hold preventing registration and transcripts.  Once payment is made, the hold will be lifted immediately.  If you would like to talk to someone about your hold, you may call the Student Accounts Office at (616) 331-2209, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m.

When I try to make a payment, a blank screen shows and I cannot enter the payment information.
Are you using a computer through an employer? Many companies have firewalls, etc. This will prevent you from being able to access the site or utilize some of the functions.

Are you using a Mac computer? Please contact the Computing and Technology Support Help Desk at (616) 331-2101 for assistance.

What is the mailing address for the Student Accounts Office?
Grand Valley State University - Student Accounts 1049 James H. Zumberge Hall (1049 JHZ) 1 Campus Dr. Allendale, MI 49401-9403