String Leadership Day - October 21, 2017
INFORMATION FOR DIRECTORS AND STUDIO TEACHERS
DEADLINE for nominating your students is Friday, October 6, 2017...no exceptions.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS-READ CAREFULLY BEFORE NOMINATING:
• Before you nominate, check with each of your nominees to make absolutely sure that she/he can and will attend this event if selected.
• If a nominee who been accepted cancels, the high school director is expected to fill the position with an equally-qualified student on that instrument.
• Please nominate only students who are leaders in your orchestra or who have this potential.
• You may nominate no more than 4 violins, 3 violas, 2 cellos, and 2 basses.
• Be sure to list them in order of ability and note if they have been selected for All-State or are in a Youth Orchestra.
• We will notify high school directors of student acceptance no later than October 10.
• Each school with nominees is guaranteed at least one accepted student.
• Please make sure that each accepted student practices his/her part diligently before Leadership Day. Students who do not know their part may feel out of place.
IMPORTANT: If your top student(s) is interested in performing for our faculty during a Master Class, please send Dr. Duitman an email (email@example.com) no later than October 10. Include information why you think this student should be selected to play in a master class.
REMINDERS: The fee for students, which includes lunch and reception after the concert, is only $10. Each student should bring along a $10 bill when they register that morning. Dinner is not provided but there are several fast food restaurants within walking distance. Lodging is not provided.
NOW: Nominate your students here: ONLINE NOMINATION FORM.
For Directors and Teachers You are encouraged to attend any and all events with your students and visit with other directors at a complimentary lunch.