String Leadership Day - November 2, 2019
INFORMATION FOR DIRECTORS AND STUDIO TEACHERS
DEADLINE for nominating your students is OCTOBER 7...no exceptions.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS-READ CAREFULLY BEFORE NOMINATING:
• Before you nominate, check with each of your nominees to make absolutely sure that she/he can and will attend this event if selected.
• If a nominee who been accepted cancels, the high school director is expected to fill the position with an equally-qualified student on that instrument.
• Please nominate only students who are leaders in your orchestra or who have this potential.
• You may nominate no more than 4 violins, 3 violas, 2 cellos, and 2 basses.
• Be sure to list them in order of ability and note if they have been selected for All-State or are in a Youth Orchestra.
• We will notify high school directors or private teachers of student acceptance no later than October 15.
• Each school or studio with nominees is guaranteed at least one accepted student.
• Please make sure that each accepted student practices his/her part diligently before Leadership Day. Students who do not know their part may feel out of place.
IMPORTANT: If your top student(s) is interested in performing for our faculty during a Master Class, please send Dr. Duitman an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 20. Include information why you think this student should be selected to play in a master class.
REMINDERS: The fee for students, which includes instruction, lunch and reception after the concert, is only $10. Each student should bring along a $10 bill when they register that morning. This covers the cost of lunch and all instruction. Dinner is not provided but there are several fast food restaurants within walking distance. Lodging is not provided.
NOW: Nominate your students here: ONLINE NOMINATION FORM.
For Directors and Teachers You are encouraged to attend any and all events with your students and visit with other directors at a complimentary lunch.