General Information for String Leadership Camp
2019 String Leadership Camp is now 4 days long!
String Players and Pianists!
Hone your craft this summer by playing chamber music with friends. You will receive world-class instruction in a beautiful setting at Grand Valley State University.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE!
Who May Apply
- String players (entering grade 8 through entering college) who have played their instrument at least 4 years.
- Advancing pianists who wish to perform chamber works should apply.
- $250 tuition
- NOTE: Numerous significant scholarships are available!
How to Apply for the 2019 Camp
AFTER MARCH 1 AND NO LATER THAN JUNE 15, 2019:
- Fill out the Registration Form with the $50 registration fee. NOTE: This entire fee applies to the cost of tuition upon acceptance. Those not accepted will receive a full refund.
- Send in a video (taken on smart phone is ok) of your playing. This will be your audition for acceptance to the camp and for any scholarship.
- By July 1 you will be notified of acceptance, any scholarship you may receive, and you will be sent your small ensemble music. You will also be sent a link for completing the remainder of the tuition.
- Final payment of tuition is due August 1.
DEADLINE FOR COMPLETING REGISTRATION AND SENDING IN YOUR VIDEO IS JUNE 15, 2019
This is a commuting camp. No overnight lodging is provided but there are many excellent motels and hotels in the area.
Tuition covers the following:
- All music, concerts, and instruction
- Four lunches
- Food for Registration Welcome and Concert Reception