General Information for String Leadership Camp
NOTE: STRING LEADERSHIP CAMP HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL AUGUST, 2021.
PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGY FOR NOT HOSTING THE CAMP THIS SUMMER!
As we are moving into a summer filled with uncertainty regarding the extent of the COVID-19 lockdown, our only option is to put the safety of precious young musicians first. We are already planning the best camp ever to be held in August, 2021 so please check back early next year for details and registration.
Henry Duitman, camp director
Who May Apply
- String players (entering grade 8 through entering college) who have played their instrument at least 4 years.
- Advancing pianists who wish to perform chamber works should apply.
- $250 tuition
- NOTE: Numerous significant scholarships are available!
POSTPONED UNTIL AUGUST 2021 - How to Apply
NO LATER THAN JUNE 15, 2021:
- Fill out the Registration Form with the $50 registration fee. NOTE: This entire fee applies to the cost of tuition upon acceptance. Those not accepted will receive a full refund.
- Send in a video (taken on smart phone is ok) of your playing. This will be your audition for acceptance to the camp and for any scholarship.
- By July 1 you will be notified of acceptance, any scholarship you may receive, and you will be sent your small ensemble music. You will also be sent a link for completing the remainder of the tuition.
- Final payment of tuition is due August 1.
DEADLINE FOR COMPLETING REGISTRATION AND SENDING IN YOUR VIDEO IS JUNE 15, 2021.
This is a commuting camp. No overnight lodging is provided but there are many excellent motels and hotels in the area.
Tuition covers the following:
- All music, concerts, and instruction
- Four lunches
- Food for registration welcome and concert reception