SAS Download and SAS 9.4 License Update
Windows 7 & 8.1 Machines
- Students can download SAS 9.4 (either Full Version or Subset without Enterprise Miner) from R:\Student software\
- The recommended to download for students is the Subset without Enterprise Miner
- Download from MAK D2233 (New machines can process faster with the thumb drive (3.0GB)).
- Students can email IT Help Desk (http://www.gvsu.edu/it/) to get a updated license codes
- Faculty can download SAS 9.4 from their office machines
- For more details, click: SAS 9.4 Installation Tips
For Example: Here is how to renew SAS 9.4, [ Note: => may mean single or double click to open the folder.]
- Start => All Programs => SAS (or SAS 9.4) => Utilities => Renew SAS Software=>
- Browse => locate the file you saved “SAS94_.........” => Open => Next => OK => Renew
SAS University Edition
The SAS University Edition is a free version of SAS that will allow Faculty, Staff, and Students to use the SAS product to perform statistical processing. This is not a full version of SAS.
To obtain this software, you will need to go to the SAS web page for the SAS University Edition. You will need to register with SAS to download the software. On the Mac and Windows, unless you have VMWare Fusion installed, download Oracle VirtualBox. SAS University Edition runs as a virtual machine on your native operating system and access is via a web browser to run statistics. This is explained in the installation and use guides. Three different versions are available using Oracle Virtual Box, VMWare Player, and VMWare Fusion. VirtualBox and VMWare player are free. This version of SAS may be run on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.