Department of Statistics Alumni Panel
January 18, 2022
We are hosting a virtual Alumni Panel on Tuesday, January 25 at 6:00 pm EST. To RSVP and receive the Zoom link, please click "RSVP Now" on this event page.
The panel is:
- Mackenzie Wicklund (‘15, ‘17): Client Manager, Retail Regional at NielsenIQ on the Meijer account
- Joe McCartney (‘17, ‘19): Consumer IoT Analytics Specialist at BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
- Alaine Banninga (‘20): Data Analyst @ Steelcase | Operations Analytics
- Eric Howard (‘12. ‘14): Sr. Statistical Programmer I at Rho
- Daniel Hodges (‘13): Production Engineer, Facebook
- Andrew Holly: Actuarial Pricing Manager at Ally
And some topics include:
- What do you enjoy most about your work?
- How much you do in your job you learned in school vs. learned on the job
- Thinking back on your first year of work, what are some things you wish you knew going into your job?
- Percentage of time different jobs spent on actual statistical work
- Issues of Communication of Statistics to those with different backgrounds
- What advice would you give future job seekers on their job search, resume prep, and interview process?