MHA - Mission Statement
The mission of the Masters of Health Administration program is to develop new, early, and mid-career students into leaders who combine the essential knowledge, specific competencies, and practical experiences for a management career in nonprofit and governmental healthcare organizations in the Midwest, nation, and world. We actively engage the healthcare community to prepare ethical and effective practitioners for healthcare management and leadership.
To be a nationally respected and regionally-distinguished graduate program that is recognized as preparing high-performing managers and leaders and is the first choice for nonprofit health care management education.
- excellence in teaching and scholarship.
- theoretical, applied and service learning; critical thinking; and professional practice skills.
- ethical and compassionate nonprofit service to diverse local, national, international and global communities and populations in need.
- collegiality and collaboration.
- inclusiveness, sustainability and social justice
Richard Kline, MHA '08, is currently Acting Director at the Aging and Adult Services Agency for the State of Michigan.