The Grand Valley social media team is looking for a student vlogger to join the University Communications office. The internship will provide first-hand experience in video development & production.
The student vlogger will be charged with creating personal vlogs (video blogs) of their experience as a student at GVSU. Students will have the freedom to create videos around whatever topics they want in relation to their life as a student. The Grand Valley social media team will provide guidance and approval of the content of the videos.
This role will begin with the start of the Fall 2020 semester and is contingent on classes being held on-campus.
- 6 hours a week.
- Paid, flexible schedule.
- Develop two vlogs per month, posted bi-weekly on GVSU’s “Life of a Laker” YouTube channel.
- Collaborate with the social media team to develop topics and storylines for the vlogs.
- Grand Valley student, any major.
- Skills: Advanced knowledge of videography & video editing software is required.
- Possession of creativity, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while juggling several projects at once.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently.
- Be an avid and sophisticated consumer of vlogs, and have a familiarity with YouTube.
Apply on Handshake, Grand Valley's job portal.