Fall has arrived at Grand Valley and we want to see it through your eyes! Participate in our #GVFall photo contest on Twitter and Instagram for the chance to win one of three prizes. GVSU's Social Media Team will pick the top six photos for our followers to vote on, and the winner will be announced Friday, November 1. We can't wait to see your fall photos!
The contest is open to all GVSU students, alumni, faculty and staff. Winners must be able to pick up their prize on the Allendale Campus.
A submission must be posted by an individual's account (not an organization, club, or group).
Submissions must be from fall 2019, not previous years. Photos must be taken on one of GVSU's campuses.
The photo must be posted on Twitter or Instagram and tagged with #GVFall by Tuesday, October 29 for consideration.
More than one photo may be submitted, however, the GVSU Social Media team will select one photo per participant to be considered for a prize.
Participants must only post a photo they have taken. Entries must comply with terms of service for Instagram and Twitter.
Entering grants GVSU permission to feature contest submissions on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, GV Now and/or GVSU Magazine.
- $50 Campus Dining Gift Card
- Black striped GVSU Beanie
- Black GVSU Touchscreen Gloves
- Blue GVSU Fuzzy Socks
- $25 Campus Dining Gift Card '
- Blue GVSU Hat
- Blue GVSU Touchscreen Gloves
- $15 Campus Dining Gift Card
- Gray GVSU Touchscreen Gloves
- GVSU Sticker
Photo at far right: 2018 #GVFall Photo Contest Winner
'Tis the season for apple cider, hayrides and pumpkin carving. Fall is an exciting and busy time at Grand Valley. Between family weekend, homecoming and Founder's Day — there are many events and campus traditions to participate in. To celebrate the fall spirit, we came up with a list of 10 things you should do this season.
- Take a photo with the leaves in the Arboretum.
- Paint a GVSU-inspired pumpkin.
- Have a scary movie marathon with your roommates.
- Go on a scenic walk through the ravines.
- Attend the GVSU Homecoming football game Saturday, October 26.
- Take a photo of campus from the roof of the Mary Idema Pew Library.
- Make caramel apples with your roommates.
- Snag a photo with President Mantella.
- Make a Louie the Laker Halloween costume.
- Grab a pumpkin spice latte from a cafe on campus.
Be sure to tag @GVSU on social media as you check activities off the list!