LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
WE NEED YOU! Help us fight COVID 19 in our community.
The West Michigan Vaccine Clinic at DeVos Place has successfully vaccinated 8,000 people from throughout our area that currently meet the State of Michigan requirements for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Kent County, Spectrum Health, Mercy Health and Vaccinate West Michigan are grateful to be partnering on this clinic to administer the vaccine to large numbers of community members from across West Michigan counties. We at Grand Valley State University have the opportunity and the responsibility to play an integral role in this historic, community effort.
Lakers: All Hands on Deck!
We are looking for volunteers to ensure the vaccination process is well staffed to deliver a positive and safe experience.
When the vaccine is available for the clinic to open at full capacity, approximately 150 volunteers are needed per 4-hour shift. Volunteers may assist with greeting clinic attendees, providing directional assistance, escorting attendees who need help, sanitizing and organizing supplies, performing temperature checks and more.
Volunteer registration is managed through Kent County Emergency Management. Please visit Vaccine West MI for complete details of the volunteer experience.
How To Volunteer
Start by completing the survey!
The survey includes authorization for a background check and accepting the volunteer waiver. Eligible volunteers will be provided with the schedule link to sign up for volunteer shifts.
Additional volunteer details:
- Community members age 18 and up are eligible to volunteer.
- Volunteers need not have prior healthcare experience.
- Volunteers will receive training for their role immediately prior to their shift.
- All volunteers will be required to wear a mask for their entire shift and must complete the CDC Facilities COVID-19 screening survey within four hours prior to the start of their shift.
- Volunteers will not receive pay for their time or travel; however, they will receive free parking in designated nearby parking structures and light refreshments will be provided.
- As vaccine clinics expand and open within all West Michigan counties and with a focus on historically undeserved communities, additional volunteer opportunities will arise here with other vaccine providers.