Student Readiness Resources
ACTIVATE is a series of interactive modules offers faculty, staff and student organizations the opportunity to prepare for meaningful, respectful, and productive community engagement experiences.
ACTIVATE Module I: Introduction to Civic Engagement at GVSU
- View this module here: https://goo.gl/yBv4Jd
ACTIVATE Module 2: Social Justice and Civic Engagement at GVSU
- View this module here: https://goo.gl/XxVtX
ACTIVATE Module 3: Applying What You've Learned
- View this module here: https://goo.gl/shC2ty
Additional Civic Engagement Readiness Resources:
"Only Connect" by William Cronon
- Cronon provides an introduction to the purpose of liberal education and the relationship between education, responsibility and community.
"What Do we Mean by Civic Engagement?" by Richard Adler and Judy Goggin
- A journal article providing overview of the concept and rationale for civic engagement in higher education.
"The Active Citizen Continuum" Break Away