How to Apply
- Application Process: Begin your online application ASAP. Go to this website, review all of the information and click on the “Apply Now” button once ready to begin.
- Deadline: The deadline to apply for Fall 2018 is March 5, 2018.
- Interview Dates: All prospective students will be interviewed in-person on GVSU’s campus as a part of their application. These interviews will be scheduled in the spring for the fall semester.
- Commitment Date: Students will need to inform SID that they accept their spot in the program according to the timeline as arranged at the interview.
Students participating in Semester in Detroit will register for classes through their GVSU Banner account.
Students will receive registration permits for:
IDS 380: Semester in Detroit after they are accepted to the program and commit to attending. Information about this permit will arrive via email.
After completion of the program, grades and course equivalencies will transfer in and appear on your GVSU transcript.
Other Important Dates:
- Internship Selection Process: Semester in Detroit staff will schedule phone/Skype meetings with each student to further discuss the internship selection process. These meetings will occur through the Spring and early Summer. Students will be provided with extensive information about their internship choices including the contact information of previous U-M student interns. Most students will have their internship placements finalized by the end of April.
- Move-in dates: Students will be able to move into their housing accommodations starting August 30th, 2018. (More details on housing are forthcoming.)
- Program dates: August 30 - December 14, 2018
- Immersion weekend: March 23 - 25,2018
- Final Public Showcase: TBD. This is the final required public event and is organized by all SID students for faculty/staff, friends, community partners, supervisors, and family.