LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Seidman Ambassador Program
Our mission is to share the Seidman experience with prospective students and the greater campus community. We aim to promote the values of the Seidman College of Business while addressing any questions or concerns. Seidman Ambassadors are current students, eager to help future GVSU Lakers find their fit. They share tips and insights to prospective students on how to be successful at Grand Valley State University and Seidman. They have a passion for both their studies and supporting fellow students.
Fall 2020 Update
For the safety and well-being of all our students, faculty, staff and campus community members in-person tours of the Seidman College of Business are currently suspended for the Fall 2020 semester (August - December). Please refer to the Admissions Department for alternatives to tour the GV campuses.
If you are a current Seidman student and interested in applying to be a Seidman Ambassador, we are still accepting applications! Seidman Ambassadors are crucial student leaders that support the college in various ways so we always welcome new applicants. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
How to become an ambassador
Students interested in serving as a Seidman Ambassador must first complete an online application. Applications are then reviewed by our staff and students will be individually contacted via email to notify them of their decisions. Students who are selected to serve as ambassadors will be required to attend one (1) training session (approximately 2 hours in duration). Dates will be provided to selected applicants.
Group of inaugural Seidman Ambassadors.
What we are looking for
Qualities of a strong student ambassador include:
- Positive attitude
- Growth mindset
- Customer service mindset
- Strong communication skills to diverse audiences
- Take initiative
- Involved with campus community (volunteer, student organizations, faculty research)
Responsibilities of student ambassadors include:
- Represent Seidman College of Business and Grand Valley State University
- Conduct tours of the Seidman College of Business
- Speak to curriculum and experiences available at Seidman
- Share experiences with prospective students, current GV students and the university community.
- Share tips and insights to prospective students on how to be successful at Grand Valley State University and Seidman
Why you should be an ambassador
- Develop communication and leadership skills
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Network with faculty, staff, students and families
- Build your resume and professional development opportunities
- Share your Seidman experiences!
- Teaching or sharing your knowledge is one of the greatest tools to promote your leadership development