Academic Advising for Current Students
We post appointments every Monday morning for the following week. If you do not see any appointments available, we are only full for the upcoming week- not the full semester. Appointments will be posted on:
-Monday, July 1 for the week of July 8
-Monday, July 8 for the week of July 15
-Monday, July 15 for the week of July 22
-Monday, July 22 for the week of July 29
-Monday, July 29 for the week of August 5
-Monday, August 5 for the week of August 12
-Monday, August 12 for the week of August 19
-Monday, August 19 for the week of August 26
- You do not have to meet with the advisor specifically assigned to you - select any advisor that works with your program
- You will receive a confirmation email with appointment details once you schedule an advising appointment
- Note, we are not in the Allendale office in the summer
Express Advising - Grand Rapids campus
Seidman Advisors will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis for quick advising questions (1041 L. William Seidman Center).
Walk-in Advising is available in the fall and winter semester.
- Walk-in Advising(sessions are limited to 15 minutes to address quick questions)
Chat with a Seidman Academic Advisor
"Let's Chat" is like virtual walk-in advising for those "quick" questions that might not need a traditional appointment. When an advisor is available to chat the "Let's Chat" icon on our homepage will pop-up.
If the questions you ask require a review of your record or advising file you will be asked to schedule an appointment or email your request due to privacy restrictions. This function should not replace regular advising appointments. Regular in-person academic advising appointments can be scheduled by clicking on the office location of your choice above.
Preparing for an Advising Appointment
What should you do before coming in for your advising appointment? Here are some suggestions to follow that will maximize your appointment time:
- Review your myPath
- Generate a written list of questions
- Review General Education Requirements
- Research Degree & Course Requirements
- If you are dealing with a problem, think about possible solutions to present to your Advisor