Parag Uma Kosalge
3053 L. William Seidman Center
Parag Uma Kosalge is a Professor in Management Information Systems at Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University. His research focuses on business processes and the application of emerging technologies. This includes understanding business processes, process redesign, enterprise systems, and electronic commerce. His research is published in journals such as Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Electronic Markets, International Journal of Electronic Business, Journal of Information Technology Management, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, International Journal of Business Excellence, and various international conferences. He has over a decade of industry experience in managing multi-national projects in process redesign, B2B e-commerce, XML databases, and SAP implementation. He is an SAP certified Application consultant in the modules Project Systems, Sales and Distribution, and Financial Accounting.
He is the recipient of the 2008 GVSU Pew Teaching Excellence Award as well as the 2009 GVSU Pew Teaching with Technology Award.
- TERP 30, SAP Modules: Project Systems, Sales & Distribution, Financial Accounting, SAP AG, Germany. (2003).
- Japanese Language Proficient Test (Level 4), Embassy of Japan and Japan Foundation. (2002).
- PH.D., Management Information Systems, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. (2002).
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Microprocessors, College of Engineering, Aurangabad, India. (1990).
- Business Processes
- ERP Systems
Kosalge, P. U. and Kumar, A. (2017). Enterprise Mashups: Why did this Web 2.0 service fail?, Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems 2017, pp.1-10.
Kosalge, P. U., Elizabeth, R. (2015). Finding the tipping point for a CEO to say yes to an ERP: a case study, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 28(5), pp.718-738.
Kosalge, P. U., Chatterjee, D. (2011). Look Before You Leap into ERP Implementation: An Object-Oriented Approach to Business Process Modeling. Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS), 28(30), 509-536.
- University, Policies website working group, Member. (2017 – Present)
- University, Humane Society of Grand Valley: Faculty Advisor (2016 – Present)
- College, ERP Committee, Member. (2014 - Present).