3040 L. William Seidman Center
School of Accounting
Lara received a B.A. in French from Northern Arizona University, a M.S.A. from Grand Valley State University, and a J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law. She is a licensed attorney and C.P.A. in the State of Tennessee. She currently teaches financial accounting and income tax at the undergraduate level and business law at the graduate level. She was a Captain in the United States Air Force and served for four years as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate and also worked as a Special Assistant United States Attorney, Western District of Texas.
Lara is also a USA Gymnastics judge and in her free time, she judges local and regional gymnastics' competitions.
- M.S.A., Grand Valley State University. (2007).
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law. (1995).
- B.A., French, Northern Arizona University. (1992)
- International Accounting
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Accounting
- Business Law
- Kessler, L. (2012). Can You Put a Price on Corruption? The Future of Honest Services Fraud. Southern Journal of Business & Ethics, 4, 112-122.
- Kessler, L. (2012). Dischargeable or Not Dischargeable: Does an Intentional Breach of Contract Qualify as Willful and Malicious under 523(A)(6) of the Bankruptcy Code? Southern Law Journal, 22(2), 215-240.
- Kessler, L. (in press). "Wanna Be Friends: The Potential Impact of Lifestyle Discrimination Statutes on Employer Facebook Policies. To appear in Journal of Legal Studies in Business.
- Editorial and Review Activities, Journal of Legal Studies in Business, Invited Manuscript Reviewer, approximately 10 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, National. (August 15, 2012 - Present).
- Editorial and Review Activities, Journal of Legal Studies Education, Invited Manuscript Reviewer, approximately 15 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, National. (August 9, 2010 - Present).
- Department, Backstage Pass, Committee Chair, approximately 30 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, Regional. (November 2008 - Present)