Finance Department Chair & Assistant Professor
3027 L. William Seidman Center
Dr. Edwards graduated with a Ph.D. in Finance from Kent State University in May of 2003. Prior to pursuing her doctoral degree, she worked at the Packard Electric Division of General Motors for fifteen years. In addition to her teaching and research responsibilities, Dr. Edwards has served as the Chair of the Finance Department and as the Director of Strategic Planning for the Seidman College of Business.
- PH.D., Finance, Applied Statistics, Kent State University. "On the Value of Downsizing." (2003).
- MBA, Finance, Kent State University. (1986).
- BS, Applied Statistics/Mathematics, Business, Purdue University. (1977).
- Executive MBA
- Corporate Finance
- Short-Term Financial Management
- Financial Education
- Financial Modeling
- Pettengill, G., Edwards, S., Griggs, F. (2010). Can Individual Investors Duplicate Professional Momentum Investing?, Financial Services Review, 18(4), 355-380.
- Willey, T., Edwards, S., Gondhalekar, V. (2008). Predictors of Performance in an Online Financial Management Simulation, Journal of Business Case Studies, 4(6), 35-41.
- Seidman Personnel Committee, Committee Member. (September 2012 - Present).
- Seidman Strategic Management Executive Committee, Committee Chair. (January 2010 - Present).
- Seidman Strategic Management Committee, Committee Chair. (2009 - Present).