3047 L. William Seidman Center
Asli Yagmur Akbulut is a Professor at the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. She earned her PhD and MS degrees in Information Systems and Decision Sciences from Louisiana.
State University. She also holds an MBA degree. Her research interests include IS education, human-computer interaction, information sharing, and enterprise systems. Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in publications such as Communications of the ACM, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Journal of Computer Information Systems, International Journal of Business Information Systems, International Journal of Electronic Business, Journal of Information Technology Cases and Applications, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Journal of Information Technology Education, and in various international conferences. She serves as the Associate Editor for the International Journal of Manufacturing Excellence.
- PH.D., Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Louisiana State University. "An Investigation of the Factors that Influence Electronic Information Sharing Between State and Local Agencies." (2003).
- M.S., Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Louisiana State University. "An Examination of Unanticipated Software Use by Adolescents Following Mandatory Adoption." (2002).
- M.B.A., Production/Operations Management and Finance, Ankara University, Turkey. "Buyer-Supplier Relationships: An Empirical Study in the Turkish Automotive Industry." (1997).
- B.S., Business Administration, Ankara University, Turkey. (1995).
- IS Education
- Enterprise systems / SAP
- Human-computer interaction
- Information sharing
- Akbulut, A. Y., Smedley, E., Motwani, J. (2012). When Lean and Six-Sigma Converge: A Case Study of a Successful Implementation of Lean Six-Sigma at an Aerospace Company. International Journal of Technology Management.
- Akbulut, A. Y. (in press). Improving Information Systems Enrollments: The Role of Social Support. To appear in Journal of Information Systems Education.
- Akbulut, A. Y. (2012). The Influence of Role Models on Students' Decisions to Pursue the IS Major. Proceedings of the 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems, Association of Information Systems.
- College, Windstream ERP Scholarship Committee, Committee Chair, appointed. (October 2012 - Present).
- College, Windstream SAP Certification Academy Scholarship Committee, Committee Chair, appointed. (April 2012 - Present).
- Department, Task Force for Transition from Emphases to Majors in the Management Department, Committee Chair. (2012 - Present)