3047 L. William Seidman Center
Asli Yagmur Akbulut is a Professor at the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. She earned her PhD and MS degrees in Information Systems and Decision Sciences from Louisiana State University. She also holds an MBA degree. Her research interests include IS education, human-computer interaction, information sharing, and enterprise systems. Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in publications such as Communications of the ACM, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Journal of Computer Information Systems, International Journal of Business Information Systems, International Journal of Electronic Business, Journal of Information Technology Cases and Applications, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Journal of Information Technology Education, and in various international conferences. She serves as the Associate Editor for the International Journal of Manufacturing Excellence.
- PH.D., Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Louisiana State University. "An Investigation of the Factors that Influence Electronic Information Sharing Between State and Local Agencies." (2003).
- M.S., Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Louisiana State University. "An Examination of Unanticipated Software Use by Adolescents Following Mandatory Adoption." (2002).
- M.B.A., Production/Operations Management and Finance, Ankara University, Turkey. "Buyer-Supplier Relationships: An Empirical Study in the Turkish Automotive Industry." (1997).
- B.S., Business Administration, Ankara University, Turkey. (1995).
- Management Information Systems
- ERP / SAP
- Business Process Integration
- Akbulut, A. Y. (2016). Majoring in Management Information Systems: An Examination of Role Model Influence. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 54(5) 660–679.
- Akbulut, A. Y., Case, T., Dick, G. (2015). Running an SAP Simulation Game Online. Proceedings of the AIS SIGED Annual International Conference on IS Education and Research. Association for Information Systems.
- Akbulut, A. Y., Looney, C., Poston, R. (2013). Personalization Systems for Decisions Involving Risk: The Interactive Effects of User Personality and Suggestive Guidance. Journal of Information Technology Management, 24(4), 34-50.
- College, Committee Chair, Scholarly and Creative Activities Committee
- Profession, President, Association for Information Systems Special Interest Group on IS Education
- Profession, Conference Track Chair (IS in Education, IS Curriculum, Education and Teaching Cases Track), Americas Conference on Information Systems, Association for Information Systems