3035 L. William Seidman Center
Graduated with a BSBA (with High Distinction) double majors in Finance and Accounting from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in December 2006.
Completed the Ph.D. in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance in May 2013
- PH.D., Finance, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. "Two essays on Insider Trading."
- BSBA, Finance, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. (2006).
- Insider trading
- Index Fund Investing
- Market efficiency and abnormalities
Refereed Journal Articles
- Phan, H. V., Simpson, T., Nguyen, H. T. (2017). Tournament-Based Incentives, Corporate Cash Holdings and Payout Policies, and the Value of Cash. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. http://www.jfqa.org/
- Dunham, L. M., Simpson, T. (2015). An Analysis of the Impact of Securities Lending on the Performance of ETFs. The Journal of Wealth Management(Spring 2015), 10.
- Litt, B., Sharma, D., Simpson, T., Tanyi, P. (2014). Audit Partner Rotation and Financial Reporting Quality: Evidence from the U.S. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory.
- Dunham, L. M., Simpson, T. (2012). The Impact of Securities Lending on Index Fund Performance. Journal of Investing, The, 21(2), 9-16.
- Dunham, L. M., Simpson, T. (2010). Do Index Fund Managers Actively Trade? An Empirical Examination of S&P 500 Index Fund Around Index Changes. Journal of Index Investing, 1(Winter 2010), 58-64.
- Department, Finance department, Attendee, Meeting, approximately 4 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, Local.
- Community, Spectrum Health Hospital Group, approximately 2 hours spent per year, Hours. (January 2013 - Present).
- College, Teaching and Learning Committee, Committee Member, appointed, Local. (September 1, 2012 - Present).