Visitor - MIS
3141 L. William Seidman Center
Dr. Kevin Barrons is currently a visiting faculty member in the Management Department in the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. He earned his Ed.D. in Instructional Technology from Wayne State University in 1993. He developed the baseline research on distance education for Whittle Communications. He served as the Director of Technology overseeing Information Technology (IT) for two large organizations in Singapore and Grand Rapids for 16 years, where he was the Management Information leader of all data, voice and video functions. His current research interest is in the area of Flipped Classroom Design and Talent Management.
Dr. Barrons had been the lead integrator for information systems, ERP systems, network systems design, software integration, interactive instructional technology, video production, security systems, and voice systems for large organizations.
- Ed.D., Instructional Technology and Design Systems, Wayne State University. (1993)
- M.A.T. Administration and Supervision, Saginaw Valley State University, (1985)
- B.S. Broadcasting in the Cinematic Arts, Central Michigan University, (1984)
- Management Information Systems
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Information Technology Management
- Barrons, Kevin, Paul (2017). Building Capability: Flipping the Zone of Proximal Development For Talent Management. Forthcoming Accepted for publication (IGI Global Book Series on Talent Management). DOI 10.4018/978-1-5225-1961-4.ch011
- Barrons, Kevin, Paul (2016). Flipped Instructional Methods and Digital Technologies in the Language Learning Classroom. (Advances in Educational Technologies and Instructional Design AETID Book Series). ISBN: 9781522508243.
- Barrons, Kevin, Paul (2015). Flipped Instructional Technology: Developing MIS Competencies Applying Enterprise Resource Planning. (International Journal of Strategic Information Technology and Applications). ISSN: 1947-3095; e ISSN 1947 – 3109.
- Community, American Heart Association & American Red Cross (CPR/AED Professional Rescuer (2005 – present)
- Community, National Ski Patrol, Section Chief, Michigan (2013 – present)
- Community, National Ski Patrol, Alpine Patroller, Nordic Patroller, (2002 – Present)