3059 L. William Seidman Center
Dr. Monica Allen is currently Affiliate Faculty in Management in the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. She joined the GVSU faculty in 2006, after an extensive career in the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Allen received an Ed.D. degree in Education Leadership from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, a M.A.S. degree in Management Sciences from Johns Hopkins University, and a B.S. degree in Biological Sciences from American University. Dr. Allen’s research interests include Business Education, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Leadership.
- Doctorate of Education, Educational Leadership (2017) University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Masters of Administrative Sciences, Management Sciences (1987) The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences (1982) The American University, Washington, District of Columbia
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Business Ethics
- Allen, M. (2017). The relevance of critical race theory: Impact on students of color. Special Issue of the Urban Education Research and Policy Annuals.
- Mambo, M., Motwani, J., Ross-Davis, Y. & Allen, M.E. (2016). Engaging the diversified workforce sustaining productivity. In Mambo, M. (ed.), Effective Talent Management Strategies for Organization Success. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Allen, M. (2016). The impact of first-year experience courses on “at-risk” African American students. The Urban Education Collaborative, Charlotte, NC.
- Management Professional Mentorship Program
- Careers in Management Program
- Faculty Advisor, Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity