Shuyuan (Lance) Deng
3133 L. William Seidman Center
Dr. Shuyuan (Lance) Deng is an Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems in the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. He received his Ph.D. in IT Management from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and his M.B.A from University of Illinois at Chicago. His research interests include big data analytics, text mining, social and economic impact of IS, and enterprise systems. His research has appeared in MIS Quarterly, Decision Support Systems, ACM Transactions on MIS, and Computer & Education.
- Ph.D., IT Management, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. (2014)
- M.B.A., University of Illinois at Chicago. (2008)
- B.A., South China University of Technology. (2007)
- Business Intelligence
- Data Warehouse
- Deng, S., Huang, Z., Sinha, A.P., & Zhao, H. Forthcoming. An Empirical Study on the Interaction between Social Media Sentiment and Stock Return. MIS Quarterly.
- Deng, S., Sinha, A. P., and Zhao, H. 2017. “Adapting Sentiment Lexicons to Domain-Specific Social Media Texts,” Decision Support Systems (94), pp. 65-76.
- Deng, S., Sinha, A. P., and Zhao, H. 2017. “Resolving Ambiguity in Sentiment Classification: The Role of Dependency Features,” ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (8), pp. 4-13.