3071 L. William Seidman Center
Dr. Swithina Mboko is currently a Visiting Faculty in the Management Department, Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. She joined the GVSU faculty in August 2017. Prior to joining GVSU Dr. Mboko was Business Administration Professor, Undergraduate Business Programs Director and Business Administration Dept. Chairperson at Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, MI. Dr. Mboko Studied for her Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship and Strategy with Umea University, Sweden and the University of Zimbabwe (UZ). She holds an MBA from UZ and a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of South Africa. Dr. Mboko’s research and teaching interests are in entrepreneurship, management and strategy.
- Ph. D. Entrepreneurship and Strategy, University of Zimbabwe. (2007)
- MBA, University of Zimbabwe. (1991)
- B.Comm., University of South Africa. (1986)
- Small business management
- Mboko S. (2015). Searching for a Social Entrepreneurship Model: Narrating Tensions between Economic and Humanistic Pursuits, Journal of Business Economics, Vol 4.
- Mboko S. (2011). Towards an Explanation of the Growth in Young Entrepreneur Activities: A Cross Country Survey of Work Values of College Students, Journal of Marketing Development, Vol 5(4).
- Mboko S. and Smith-Hunter, A.E. (2010). Zimbabwe Women Business Owners: Survival Strategies and Implications for Growth, Journal of Applied Business and Economics, Vol 11(2).
- Community, The Refugee Education Center board member, 2012-current.
- Community, Academy of Business Leadership and Entrepreneurship (ABLE), board member, 2014-2016.
- Community, City of Grand Rapids, 2010, DDA Plan: Framing the Future; Downtown Grand Rapids Working group member.