- School of Accounting
He is an associate professor at Grand Valley State University. He was a faculty member at Central Missouri and SUNY New Paltz before coming to GVSU in 2000. Kurt has written articles for publication in scholarly journals such as International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, Accounting, Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, New Review of Applied Expert Systems and Emerging Technologies and Financial Studies Journal. His primary teaching and research interests are in management fraud, accounting information systems, artificial intelligence and managerial accounting. He has also has a CPA license from New York. In addition, he holds the CMA, CISA & CIA professional certifications
- PH.D., Accounting, University of Kansas. (1994).
- BS, Aeronautical Engineering, Iowa State University. (1988).
- MBA, Public Accounting, Pace University. (1981).
- BBA, Public Accounting, Hofstra University. (1976)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Accounting Information Systems
- Managerial accounting
- Fanning, K. PaaS: platform as a service has a value for West Michigan firms. Grand Rapids Mi: Grand Rapids Business Journal.
- Fanning, K., Grant, R. (in press). Big Data: implications for financial managers. To appear in Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, Forthcoming.
- Fanning, K., Centers, D. (2012). Platform as a Service. Is it time to switch? Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, 23(5), 21-25.
- University, University Senate, ECS, Committee Member, approximately 20 hours spent per year, Hours, elected. (2003 - 2012).
- Professional, AIS Educators, President/Elect/Past, approximately 18 hours spent per year, Days, elected, International. (June 2011 - June 2012)