Reporting Incidents

The Grand Valley Police Department provides telephone numbers for emergency and non-emergency reporting and offers assistance in filing a report and support through the legal process:

  • Emergencies: 911
  • Grand Valley Police Department: 616-331-3255
  • Detroit Center: 313-596-2200
  • Meijer Campus in Holland:  616-355-1100
  • Muskegon Regional Center: 231-777-0545
  • Traverse City Regional Center: 231-995-1111

GVSU Anonymous Reporting is available for individuals who prefer to report concerns to the University anonymously through a system hosted by a third-party provider.

Silent Observer Ottawa County (Allendale Campus)

  • 877-88-SILENT (745368)
  • 877-887-4536
  • Text "OCMTIP and message" to 274367 (CRIMES)