Energizing Our World Camp
Energizing Our World is a four-day camp designed to spark interest in renewable energy.
June 17-20, 2019
Energizing Our World (EOW) Camp will be held at GVSU’s Allendale Campus on Monday -Thursday, June 17 - 20, 2019 from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
Students will participate in a large group introduction followed by breakout sessions providing them with hands-on opportunities to interact with
a variety of renewable energy sources including: solar, wind, and hydro power energy.
Students will also have the opportunity to participate in an off-site field trip.
*This is a nonresidential camp.
Join us for Student Project Displays and Career Fair
Thursday, June 20, we will host a number of outside organizations during our Energizing Our World Camp. Students will have the opportunity to engage with members of the community regarding their sustainable and renewable resources practices, learn about different careers that are available within this field, and practice presenting their projects for a live audience!
Students will also be participating in a scavenger hunt, take-home activity relating to renewable sources. With the question "if you were stranded in a remote location, how might you power it" as the guiding force, students will take materials home and practice building their own models for powering a remote location. Pictures of creations are encouraged and can be sent to Chelsea Ridge at email@example.com.
The community is invited to attend from 1:00 - 3:30 pm. The afternoon will be built into structured and unstructured activities. First from 2:00 - 2:30, structured presentations from students and business partners will occur. Following the formal presentations, an open-house style career fair and project display will take place in the Henry Hall Atrium if you are interested in dropping by for a brief period of time.
Please note that campus is under construction. Please use the map and park in Lot G.
- Applications for the 2019 year have closed. Please be on the lookout for EOW Saturday Information.
- Participants must be between the ages of 11 and 15, currently enrolled in the 6th or 7th grade, and be entering 7th or 8th grade in Fall 2020.
Supervision and Meals
- There will be at least one counselor for every eight students. Lunch and snacks are provided each day.
- It is FREE to attend Energizing Our World thanks to our generous donors!
- Transportation may be available based on grant funding for students in the Grand Rapids Public School, Wyoming Public School, and Holland Public School districts.
Participating GVSU Colleges
BROOKS COLLEGE OF INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCES
SEYMOUR AND ESTHER PADNOS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTING
Energizing Our World camp is made possible through the generous donations of the organizations shown below.
Contact the Regional Math and Science Center at: