Energizing Our World Camp
Thank you for all that attended this year's Energizing Our World camp. This was fantastic, successful year. Be on the lookout for our next EOW registration in February.
Energizing Our World is a four-day camp designed to spark interest in renewable energy.
Students will participate in a large group introduction followed by breakout sessions providing them with hands-on opportunities to interact with
a variety of renewable energy sources including: solar, wind, and hydro power energy.
Students will also have the opportunity to participate in an off-site field trip.
*This is a nonresidential camp.
Student Project Displays and Career Fair
Thank you to the following organizations who were represented at our mini Career Fair on Thursday, June 20 during our Energizing Our World Camp. Students had the opportunity to engage with members of the community regarding their sustainable and renewable resource practices, learned about different careers that are available within this field, and practiced presenting their projects to a live audience! Students also had the opportunity to win a prize by participating in a scavenger hunt, take-home activity relating to renewable sources with the question, "If you were stranded in a remote location, how might you power it?" as the guiding force for their project ideas.
If you are a business or community partner and are interested in further opportunities like this, please contact Diane Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chelsea Ridge at email@example.com.
Blue Oceans Concepts (Community Recycled LLC)
GVSU Office of Sustainability
Holland Energy Park
Kent County Department of Public Works
Muskegon County Wastewater Management System
Powerhome Solar Roofing
West Michigan USB Green Building Council
- Applications for the 2019 year have closed. Please be on the lookout for EOW Information in February.
- Participants must be between the ages of 11 and 15, currently enrolled in the 6th or 7th grade, and be entering 7th or 8th grade in Fall 2020.
Supervision and Meals
- There will be at least one counselor for every eight students. Lunch and snacks are provided each day.
- It is FREE to attend Energizing Our World thanks to our generous donors!
- Transportation may be available based on grant funding for students in the Grand Rapids Public School, Wyoming Public School, and Holland Public School districts.
Participating GVSU Colleges
BROOKS COLLEGE OF INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCES
SEYMOUR AND ESTHER PADNOS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTING
Energizing Our World camp is made possible through the generous donations of the organizations shown below.
Contact the Regional Math and Science Center at: