Not accepting applications at this time.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Marketing, the Videographer Intern is responsible for operating the camera, capturing and creating videos or animations that represent Recreation & Wellness. They will effectively communicate stories through video and editing techniques, and they will be responsible for ensuring that projects align with the Recreation & Wellness brand. They are expected to manage multiple project deadlines at once and provide excellent customer service. They will contribute to the overall marketing plan for the department.
- Complete the Employment Application.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and class schedule.
Duration: Must be available through Fall 2020 semester. Based on performance and workload, student may be offered continued employment.
Hours: Part time, up to 10-15 hours/week. Flexible with some evening and weekend events.
Compensation: Wages are competitive with other on-campus jobs. Increases with experience.
Location: GVSU Allendale Campus
- Document programs, services, and events through photo and video
- Produce, film, edit, and deliver film projects for clients.
- Captures and creates animated videos as needed.
- Creates shot lists and storyboards for projects.
- Share student’s Recreation and Wellness experiences through video and prepare them for social media format.
- Works efficiently to stay on schedule.
- Attend weekly marketing meetings and collaborate directly with Marketing team to promote the Recreation and Wellness brand across campus.
- Consult with departments within Recreation and Wellness to create content to highlight their services through high-quality video content.
- Collaborate with other campus departments and social channels to promote events.
- Represent Recreation and Wellness at campus-wide events.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a current GVSU student enrolled in at least 6 credits.
- Film and Video major or related field of study.
- Strong knowledge of camera work, editing, and created animated videos.
- Strong organizational skills & good time management.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work outside normal office hours, including weekends if needed.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier is a must. After Effects is a bonus.
- Active in some aspect of Recreation & Wellness preferred, but not required.
If you decide to pursue this opportunity as a credit-bearing internship, you will need to get approval from your academic department prior to the start of the academic semester in which you wish to register for the internship.
If you obtain this internship and register to receive academic credit, you may be eligible to receive a monetary GVSU Career Services Internship Award (provided you have financial need documented through a FAFSA). Award criteria and application materials are available under the Internship section on our website at www.gvsu.edu/careers.