TREK100 Challenge 2021
COMPLETE 100 MILES IN 8 WEEKS!
Trek means to travel, to journey, or to adventure... and we want to you take a 100-mile journey with us.
This challenge allows you to track mileage through running, walking, biking, swimming, rowing, taking a group exercise class, playing an Intramural Sports game, using the upper body ergometer, and other various activities. The leaderboard creates more motivation and features where you rank among all participants. Get involved, be active, and live healthy with us!
We challenge you to JUST KEEP MOVING. Are you up for the challenge?
- Who? GVSU students, faculty, or staff
- When? January 1 - February 26, 2021
- Where? Wherever you like to get your miles in - at the Rec Center, on the bike trail, or out in the snow. It's up to you!
- How much? Only $10.
- How do I track mileage? Log your miles online to see your progress!
Registration is open!
You must register by January 29, 2021.
Miles must be logged within 7 days of completion.
You can log your miles through February 26, 2021.
Use #GVLakerStrong when sharing about your activity.
We're giving away FREE incentives at certain mileage milestones!
- 50 miles = anyone who has reached this will be entered into a weekly drawings for your choice of: a fitness "grab bag" item or a FREE Outdoor Adventures camping rental (1 winner per week of the challenge)
- 100 miles = #GVLakerStrong t-shirt!
Winners will be emailed each week.
Miss your chance to get this awesome shirt for our annual 5K earlier this year? Now's your chance!
How to earn the shirt:
- Sign up for the TREK100 Challenge.
- Complete 100 miles (in whatever way that looks like to you) between January 1 and February 26.
- Log all your miles in our online dashboard.*
- Get the t-shirt!
*Must have logged 100 miles by February 26 to qualify for a t-shirt.
T-shirt distribution will be shared later.
- Group Exercise Class (30 min)
- Intramural Sports Game (30 min)
- Stair Master (50 flights)
- Swim (30 min)
- Upper Body Ergometer
It is understood that miles tracked for various activity doesn’t always equate in energy expenditure and various based on the intensity level.
Have you been active through a way that's not part of the drop-down menu? Contact us at email@example.com and let us know! We can help you identify how different activities could translate into mileage.