TREK100 Challenge 2020
COMPLETE 100 MILES IN 9 WEEKS!
Trek means to travel, to journey, or to adventure... and we want to you take a 100-mile journey with us. Whether you're preparing for Spring Break, living up to your New Years resolutions, or simply ready to make a life change, Recreation & Wellness wants you to get involved, be active, and live healthy.
We challenge you to JUST KEEP MOVING. This challenge allows you to track mileage through running, walking, biking, swimming, rowing, taking a group exercise class, playing an Intramural Sports game, using the upper body ergometer, and other various activities. The leader board creates more motivation and features where you rank among all participants!
Are you up for the challenge?
Registration will close on Friday, January 31.
- Who? GVSU students, faculty, or staff
- When? January 1 - February 28, 2020
- Where? Wherever you like to get your miles in - at the Rec Center, on the bike trail, or out in the snow. It's up to you!
- How much? Only $10.
- How do I track mileage? Log your miles online to see your progress!
Registration will close on January 31, 2020.
You can log your miles through February 28, 2020.
Miles must be logged within 7 days of completion.
We're giving away FREE swag at certain mileage milestones!
- 50 miles = anyone who has reached this will be entered into a weekly drawings for your choice of: 50% off Group Ex pass, 50% off Intramural Sports pass, or a FREE Outdoor Adventures camping rental (1 winner per week of the challenge)
- 100 miles = TREK100 t-shirt! (everyone who reaches this goal will receive a t-shirt!)
Winners will be emailed each week. *T-shirts will be distributed beginning March 16.
T-Shirts will be available for pick up in the Recreation & Wellness Office Suite during the below dates & times:
- Tues, March 17 between 1pm-3pm
- Thurs, March 19 between 8am-10am
*If you are unable to pick up during these times, please contact email@example.com to arrange an alternative pick up time.
It is understood that miles tracked for various activity doesn’t always equate in energy expenditure and various based on the intensity level.
Have you been active through a way that's not part of the drop-down menu? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know! We can help you identify how different activities could translate into mileage.